Sydney or Melbourne are popular choices for weekends away but the Gold Coast is the capital for fun in Australia. As Cyndi Lauper sang, "Girls just wanna have fun," and the Gold Coast is an entertainment oasis and a prime spot for partying and pampering.
The coastal city is ideal for escaping the chill and soaking up the sun. If you prefer shopping, swimming and dancing over museum hopping, then a Gold Coast getaway is in line.
Vibe Hotels has launched an exciting package for ladies looking for a weekend away, because every once in a while girls need to make time for each other.
PHOTOS: Vibe Hotel on the Gold Coast
Vibe's 'Look Polished' package (from AU$199) for two combines overnight accommodation, a delicious full buffet breakfast and a late check-out, plus a set of four mini nail polishes in this season's hottest colours.
Conveniently located in Surfers Paradise, the hotel overlooks the Nerang River and is within a short stroll of world-class restaurants, Gold Coast's famed beaches and pulsing nightlife.
Only have a weekend at the Gold Coast? Don't leave until you try these:
- Spend the morning strolling along the The Esplanade at Surfers Beach
- Relax and indulge at Endota Broadbeach for the ultimate spa therapy
- Or get the adrenalin pumping on a jet boat ride around Broadwater
- For an afternoon pick-me-up grab a hot chocolate or mocha at Max Brenner
- Get in early for a table at Glass Restaurant, Marina Mirage, Main Beach
- Head to the Circle of Cavill for a round of disco bowling at Strike Bowling Bar
- Dance the night away at Platinum, aim to arrive before 10pm to avoid the queue
The writer was a guest of Vibe Hotel.